Friday, February 22, 2008

My Wonderful ER Visit

Every V-Day I am always deathly sick, I either get sick the day before, after, or on V-Day. I usually get the flu, but this V-Day takes the cake! The night before my Dad had given Mom and I's V-Day gifts, because Dad wouldn't be able to see our faces when we got them if we got them on V-Day, because Dad would be at work, and he really wanted to see our faces. So we got our gifts. I got a chocolate cow! I love cows! Anyways, Mom and I stayed up all night with me hurting. I couldn't go to sleep, because I have a hard time getting myself to sleep when I'm hurting. So we stayed up all night. Then when I finally did get to sleep I woke up around 6am and got Dad up for work, because he was sleeping through his alarm. I hadn't told Mom that I was hurting in my back and my stomach. I never hurt in my stomach like I do in my back. Instead of telling her, because I thought it would go away, I put my warm pack on my stomach instead of my still hurting back. I fell back asleep and when I woke up again I felt like I was going to throw up, so Mom gave me some finergrin hoping I could keep it down. I spent I think about 3 hours in the bathroom sleeping and hugging the toilet. I only drooled in the toilet.(I drooled because, before you throw up you drool) So thinking that it was a bit safe I crawled back to the couch and Mom gave me a zip-lock bag to throw up in just in case. Not long after I threw up. I couldn't take any pain meds or any of my other meds because I couldn't keep them down, so whats the point? The pain got worse and I was asking Mom to go to the hospital. Mom can't drive because she has MS, so Mom had to call Dad and he got off work and came to take me to the doctors office in GI. I threw up before we left and Mom packed some clothes just in case we had to go to the hospital. We got to the doctors office and I threw up in the parking lot. By that time the pain was getting much worse and I started to scream and squeeze things hoping the pain would subside. I had to be put in a wheelchair and taken up to the doctors office. I got in there and they set me on the little bed/table thingy. I laid down and I was pounding my fist into the table. I begged the doctor to send me to the hospital. Mom was thinking it was some stomach bug and I told her she was wrong. My parents were saying "Yeah, you just want to go to the hospital" Uh, DUH! I needed to the doctor said to them the same thing I did. He said that I needed to be sent to the ER right then and there. I needed fluids going through me and IV pain medication, because I can't hold anything down. The pain was just gonna get worse and make everything else worse. So, by the time I got in the ER lobby I was screaming and the people at the front desk acted like I was just fine and dandy! The reason we were in the ER was because, if I was directly admitted I would be sent home and we would have to wait for a bed, at least when I'm in the ER I'm in a room and they can start and IV and get pain meds in me. So I got into the ER room and thew up again. All I wanted was the IV so I was screaming bloody murder, because it hurt so bad. 30 mins later I finally get an IV. Then we had problems with the pain meds, they came back with 1mg of it I was supposed to have 2mg of it. They said that, that would have to do for the moment because it would take a long time before they got a hold of my care taker. They gave it to me and I knew it wouldn't do anything because I have been taking this med for 6 months. So, I was in so much pain that I finally just knocked myself out. I would wake up every few and start screaming again, but then I would knock myself out again. I can only have my pain meds every 4 hours so yeah I had no choice but to knock myself out. I woke up and Mom was so pissed at me. She was pissed because the doctor came in and didn't really think anything was wrong with me. But my blood work never lies. I was being admitted because of my pancreas. It was messing up again. I fell back asleep again and when I woke up I was screaming bloody murder once more. It was time for my pain meds so I told the doctor and a nurse and 35 mins later still no pain meds! Mom was crying she was so pissed at the world, she chewed every ones butt who walked in the door. I pressed the nurses button 5 times within the time length of 45 mins and no one came. Mom even opened the door so they could hear me screaming. There were 2 nurses at the nurses station and we were right next to it. I know that they heard me and they were just laughing and having a good ol time. Mom finally had enough and got in her wheelchair and grabbed the male nurse that I had and went at it with him. He said that he had 4 other children, he had one that is a diabetic and two with fevers. Um, hello! What about the one that sounds like their arm is being cut off!?! So mom wheeled herself back into the room and slammed the door behind her. A few mins later he came in there and he saw Mom crying and he was like "We are going to take good care of her blah blah blah" I don't call that taking good care of me! Anyways, he went back out and came back in with 2mg of pain meds. That helped a lot, but still not enough. An hour later they finally had a room for me in the hospital. We had spent probably a total of 8 hours in the ER waiting for a room to be available. They took the bed that I was laying in and wheeled me up to my room on the first floor. When I got in the room I threw up once more. The nurse had read the chart wrong and gave me my pain meds 2 hours early. I needed that, I think that's what really helped me through the pain that well I guess you could say morning since it was 1am. I threw up once more when she tried to get liquid medication and one pill down me and when I threw up that time, it was a lot different than the last few times. The last few times I threw up food, this time it had a diff smell and it was nasty brown liquid! Turns out I was hurting so bad and I had nothing else to throw up, I threw up crap! That is gross! Turns out I have a fatty liver and my pancreas was a lil elevated. Also I was so full of crap that I was backed up and it was going up my stomach, that's the main reason why I threw up crap. They took care of the whole being backed up thing, trust me. It wasn't fun...I'm home now and still hurting. I have to be on a strict diet again! I hate my life! Oh, and I am a lost cause at Scottish Rite, they have done everything they can, so when I go for surgery on the 12th of March in Alabama, they are going to see if they can't find out whats wrong with me.

No comments: