Thursday, January 10, 2008
My Unknown Illness...
Hi, I'm Savannah. I am 13 years old and live in Georgia. I have been in the hospital for basically four months. In those four months so much has been done, then again so much hasn't. Every doctor that I meet or that has viewed my case have said that they have seen nothing like it in all their careers! Dr.V (a surgeon in UAB) had done some surgery on me and said that there are special cases, but mine is very special. They think that I may have had this all my life, but some say that they think that it may have been started by a virus I had this past summer. Thats not true though, because my body wasn't allowing myself to eat since I was in 7th grade. This illness all started out as severe pancreatitis, but months passed by and it's one thing after another, and things aren't fitting together as they should. I have some doctors saying it's cancer and others saying it's auto immune. I have had about six biopsies so far, and I am going for another one on Tuesday. Plus on Tuesday they are going to get bone marrow while I'm under for the biopsy and look at that as well. So far I have and/or have had: pancreatitis, granulomas, pericardial infusion, liesions in my left kidney, blood in my liver, my common bowl duckt to my pancreas won't stay open causing massive pain, I may have a stricture, I have weird pain on my lower back and around my ribs below my breasts, and a lot more. I have to take so much medication that I almost puke every time I take them. I am on: Dilaudid, Methadone, Zantac, Prednisone, Neurontin, Zofram, Phenergan, and Actigall. The biopsy that they had sent to California came back today saying that they had found a lymphoma cancer cell, but that can't be true because wouldn't they have found a tumor by now? Me, my family, my friends, and the doctors aren't claiming it until we see it in black and white. Oh, I'm getting a power pick line in tomorrow. This sucks, because I can't eat anything until I get it in. I will write more tonight or tomorrow...
Labels:
hospital,
illness,
medication,
pain,
Scottish Rite,
surgery,
unknown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wow.You are suffering a lot.
My heart goes out to you.You are prob'ly headline news tomorrow.
I am Luizi 360.
I saw your Yahoo! Question.Keep blogging if they alllow you.
I am proud of you for being so strong to think about and tell your story. Do you want me to send you some books, or do you have some?
I will mandrake^^
Hello Mrs. Lolley. I have some books yes, I have been falling WAY behind on my AR, because my grandmother and mother want me to read The Case For Christ. I still have some AR books around here somewhere...
thank you
Post a Comment